Monday, March 24, 2014

WOW Monday already!


Wow another week just flew by! It will be winter before you know it…oh that’s right it still IS winter!!! The Easter Bunny is going to have to have Santa drive him from house to house if it doesn’t warm up!
My pea babies are starting to sprout. I do hope it warms up so I can plant them outside soon.
 I made a big pot of clam chowder soup for the club and sold 27 bowls (sorry no pictures, I forgot my camera).  I didn’t think I would even sell that much. With the soup spinkled with croutons, I served a cheddar bay biscuit, crackers, and a piece of lemon bar. This is what was left and we will have it on Wed. Should I make so more bisuits? Why YES!!!! I used two different recipes part of it was Ina, The Barefoot Contessa, the other was I can't remember. Thank goodness for pins. It turned out Yummy!

(You're being watched!!)
 
I am still agonizing over the background fabric for the scrappy pineapple quilt class I am taking next month. Was going to use this for the border but it is too linear. I still like the idea of the black background to make the batik scraps pop, but will it be too busy??? I will have to see.

 
 
I was able to get in my sewing room on Sunday. Out of all the scissors I own, this is the only one I can find! It was given to me by my sister-in-law about 40 years ago and I love it.
 
The material beside it became one of the pillowcase Christmas gifts I am making for my ‘Make it handmade for Christmas’ hosted by Insights by SewCalGal sewcalgalblogspot.com. It’s not too late to join. I already have 2 people’s gifts made!! Told you winter would be here soon….
Have a great week, L
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: