Sunday, September 13, 2015

12,000 +

My son and his family were up from TN last month for our family reunion. He wanted to see Joe Pa:
 
 and of course my Daddles had to catch a bird that was trapped in one of the shops to put it outside:
 At our Schneck family reunion my Jellie won a small prize for being the youngest attending.
 My uncle and aunt won a small prize for being married the longest, 63 yrs.
 My Doodle’s won a cake. Notice the snail shape? That is the translation of Schneck. Really?
 We saw ‘the first’ house of Schnecksville where they raised 10 children. I still don’t know how everyone fit in such a small house.

Kitchen, Dinning area

Downstairs bedroom

Upstairs bedroom
I have been so busy harvesting….yes, this is one harvest....
 
And this is my reward. Whew, I’m exhausted!
 
I also put up peas, lima beans, green beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato juice, corn, and carrots and is one of the biggest reasons for not posting for so long.
 
I finished my Row By Row experience yesterday! Because it was raining I could not get a good overall picture so I sectioned it so you could see some of the detail.
 
Verna’s, Amish Children, Mifflinburg
Hyderhangout, Depicts the Ocoee River, Cleveland TN
 
Lana’s Quilts, depicts Red Clay’s Blue Hole. Red Clay is where they housed the Cherokee Indians before the Indians had to walk ‘The trail of tears’ to OK. Cleveland, TN
 
 
Quilt N Sew, The Chattanooga Choo-Choo. Chattanooga, TN
Spool, Chattanooga is the hang gliding capital of the states, Chattanooga, TN
Chattanooga Quilts, Fish and turtles, Chattanooga, TN
 
Ready Set Sew, Chattanooga has a great aquarium, Chattanooga, TN
Hoover’s Bernina Sew, Lighthouse scene, Mifflinburg, PA
 The Little League Series was in town and this was in the air by our house for 2 weeks.
 
Lar and I went on the annual 9/11 Memorial ride. This year there were over 12,000 bikes. Some said as many as 15,000.

It was a fantastic, humbling ride. People came out to show their patriotism.
 
 

Back to that RBR. I took it into Hoover’s to show them my quilt and I don’t know what happened but the next thing you know, I walked out with this!!!!

The B 790

 
 I hated cleaning out the strainer on my machine when making the tomato sauce and juice because the little holes get full of puree and are hard to clean.

As I was scrubbing to get the puree out of the holes on a whim I stuck my Scrub Daddy inside the strainer and continued to use my little scrub brush as before. (You can stick anything into the strainer.)

It worked like a charm and took me no time to clean out the strainer.
Have a great week!
D.G. L

1 comment:

Sharon - IN said...

Lots going on in your life! Love your Row by Row!